Discovery Tours by Gate 1 Travel and Travelzoo.com are offering a 13-day small group tour of Namibia that encompasses Sossusvlei, Swakopmund, Damaraland, Etosha Village, Etosha National Park, Okahandja and Johannesburg (South Africa). This amazing trip has been reduced from US$4279 to $3899. Small groups of maximum 18 travelers are guaranteed.
Details: Namibia is a country that possesses some of the most stunning and untamed scenery on the planet with spectacular species of wildlife. Your Sossusvlei adventure is marked by towering dunes, surreal landscapes and dazzling colors. Rise before dawn to visit the Sesriem Canyon, carved into the rock by the mighty Tsauchab River. Travel through a dune corridor to Deadvlei, a “dead” marsh that sits eerily in a forest frozen in time, then arrive at star-shaped Dune 45 and stand in awe at the world’s most photographed dune. Discover Swakopmund, known as the adventure sports capital of Namibia, embark on a catamaran cruise on Walvis Bay, a wetland area at the Southern end of the Skeleton Coast, and experience a definitive contrast in scenery as you leave the sparkling waters to ride in a 4×4 through desert dunes in a barren landscape populated by geckos, chameleons and scorpions. A scenic drive takes you to Damaraland, one of the most dramatic and picturesque areas in Namibia, then on to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Twyfelfontein to discover the world-famous petroglyphs. Visit a Himba tribe dwelling and learn first-hand about their history, culture and unique traditions, spend three days exploring Etosha National Park, the most important wildlife sanctuary in Africa, and meet with staff at the AfriCat Foundation dedicated to conservation of Namibia’s large carnivores.
- Round trip international flights between New York and Johannesburg. (Other departure cities are available.)
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- All inter-country flights: Johannesburg-Windhoek and Windhoek-Johannesburg
- 11 nights first class accommodation
- 1 night in Johannesburg
- 2 nights in Sossusvlei
- 2 nights in Swakopmund
- 2 nights in Damaraland
- 1 night in Etosha Village
- 2 nights in Etosha National Park
- 1 night in Okahandja
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Desert excursions and game drives in modern 4×4 vehicles
- 28 meals: 11 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 10 dinners (including welcome and farewell dinners)
- Services of local guide in Johannesburg (Day 2)
- Services of English-speaking tour manager (Days 3-13)
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- National park fees
Valid dates: Departures between April and November 2016
Book by: December 31, 2015 and save $380 per person off the regular price.
How to Book: Call Gate 1 at 877-900-9777 (in the USA) to speak with a reservation specialist, or click here. Use promotional code TZWNBA380 at the time of booking.