Africa Adventure Company is offering a reduced rate on its 4- or 5-day chimp trek in Tanzania’s Mahale Mountains National Park.
Details: In Mahale, spectacular peaks rise from crystal clear Lake Tanganyika, Africa’s deepest and longest, creating one of the most dramatic nature settings anywhere. You’ll spend your mornings tracking chimps, watching their daily routines and comic antics. Your afternoons will be spent relaxing on the white sand beach or boating in the lake. All the while, you’ll see precious few other people as there are no roads leading to this remote wilderness, and it’s only accessible by boat.
- Daily chimp permits
- Additional proposed trekking fees
- Four or five nights accommodation at Greystoke Camp
- Meals, some drinks
- Light aircraft transfers
- Park fees and activities
- Flying doctors insurance coverage
- $25 donation to a worthy African charity
- Not included: international flights, visas, tips, inoculations, travel insurance, and anything not specified above
Dates and prices available:
- Low season: 5-day stay $4267
- High season: (January 1-6, Jun 1 – Oct 31, Dec 20-31) 4-day stay: $5,882, 5-day stay: $7,235
- 4-day stay departs Mondays
- 5-day stay departs Thursdays
- Excluding Mar 16 – May 31.
How to book: Go to the Africa Adventure Consultants website, or call them in the US at 1-866-778-1089.