It’s not too late to book Valentine’s Day packages at destinations across Africa. Here are three that recently came through our transom.
Kievits Kroon country estate, Pretoria
Kievits Kroon is a 16 hectare upmarket country estate in Pretoria, Gauteng. With its lush manicured lawns, beautiful rose bed, landscaped gardens and Cape Dutch-style Manor House, Kievits Kroon is reminiscent of the wine estates of the Cape, and has been labelled ‘the Winelands in Gauteng’. This luxury, award-winning hotel is acknowledged to be one of the top 10 romantic getaways in Gauteng, and features one of the leading wellness spas in the country.
The property is offering three Valentine’s Day specials:
- SPA TREATMENTS & DANCING UNDER THE STARS: Package includes a couple’s Chocolate Full Body Massage on Saturday afternoon, a complimentary glass of bubbly, a six-course dinner (click here for the menu) followed by dancing to live music under the stars, one night’s accommodation, and breakfast on Sunday morning. Price: R2450 (US$213) per person sharing per night. Valid Saturday 14 February 2015.
- DANCING UNDER THE STARS: Package includes a complimentary glass of bubbly, a six-course dinner followed by dancing to live music under the stars, one night’s accommodation, and breakfast on Sunday morning. Price: R1995 (US$173) per person sharing per night. Valid: Saturday 14 February 2015.
- VALENTINE’S DINNER: Package includes a glass of sparkling wine, a delicious carvery dinner at Kingsley’s, one night’s accommodation, and breakfast the following day. Price: R1450 (US$126) per person sharing per night. Valid Saturday 14 February 2015.
To book: Call +27 (0)860 543 848, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Coral Strand Hotel, Seychelles
The Coral Strand Hotel boasts an excellent location right on the famous Beau Vallon Bay on Mahé in the Seychelles. The modern, comfortable rooms, offer either breathtaking ocean views or stunning mountain views. The resort provides top-notch cuisine and entertainment, water sports , and numerous shops, clubs and tourist attractions within walking distance. The hotel is also offering three Valentine’s Packages:
The Valentine’s Weekend Package includes two nights’ accommodation in a standard mountain view room with breakfast, a Valentine’s dinner for two people, a bottle of house wine, and a complimentary upgrade to a standard ocean view room, if one is available. Price: SCR5499 (US$365). Valid only 13-15 February 2015.
- The Valentine’s Day Offer includes one nights’ accommodation in a standard mountain view room with breakfast, a Valentine’s dinner for two people, a bottle of house wine, and a complimentary upgrade to a standard ocean view room, if one is available. Price: SCR3499 (US$232). Valid only 13-15 February 2015.
- The Valentine’s Romance Package allows you to enhance your stay with tempting food and wine and other perks. In addition to complimentary early check-in and late check out (subject to availability), guests get one complimentary dinner during their stay and one bottle of house wine. Price: €185 (US$210). This offer requires a minimum three-night stay, and is valid from 1st February-28th February 2015, for stays between 1st February-28th February 2015.
To Book: Call the resort at +248 4 291 000, or e-mail email@example.com, or visit www.coralstrand.com.
Preskil Beach Resort, Mauritius
Preskil Beach Resort is the only hotel in Mauritius that’s situated on a natural private peninsula. The resort offers 750 meters of beach, a breathtaking turquoise lagoon, numerous watersports, fine dining, and a luxurious spa. It’s located along the east coast of the island at Point Jerome, near the historical village of Mahebourg, and a mere 15-minute drive from the airport.
Computicket Travel is offering a deal that can be redeemed during Valentine’s Day — or anytime until 12 April 2015. For R15399 (US$1341) per person you get the following:
- Seven nights accommodation
- Return flights to Mauritius, including airlines levies and taxes
- Breakfast and dinner daily
- A 25 percent discount voucher on lunch at Tapas Grill and Beach Bar Restaurant
- Sunrise breakfast at the beach with a bottle of sparkling wine
- A full-day cruise on a catamaran, including lunch and drinks in board
- A VIP welcome on arrival, including cold face cloth and bottled water
Restrictions: Excludes flights from JNB. Prices from DUR and CPT cost more.
To book: Visit CompuTicket Travel, or call 0861 915 4000 from within South Africa, +27 11 340 8066 from outside South Africa.