South African Airways, the national flag carrier of South Africa and Africa’s most-awarded airline, recently launched its 2016 “Sizzling Summer” sale on flights between New York or Washington D.C. and Johannesburg.
Fares start at US$1299 round-trip between New York (JFK) and Johannesburg (JNB), or $1199 between Washington/Dulles (IAD) and Johannesburg. Purchases must be made by June 1, 2016.
“For those that have not made their summer holiday travel plans yet, these fares offer an inexpensive opportunity to fly home to visit friends and family, or take that special vacation of a lifetime,” said Marc Cavaliere, executive vice president, the Americas for South African Airways. “Combine our summer sale fares with the extremely favourable exchange rate for the U.S. Dollar and there is no better or more affordable time to experience South Africa.”
- Must stay over one Sunday night for fares to apply.
- Maximum stay is 12 months from date of departure.
- Tickets must be purchased within 72 hours of reservation being made or by June 1, 2016.
- Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights.
- Cancellations before/after departure: fares and fuel surcharge (YR/YQ/Q) are non-refundable.
- Date change fee: $300 + any applicable fare difference.
- Baggage and optional service fees may apply.
- Reservations made 7 days or more prior to scheduled departure may be canceled without penalty up to 24 hours after the reservation is made.